top of page

Unfiled or Unpaid Tax Returns?

If you have not filed your tax returns in the previous year or years, it something that we ask you to do so that we may assist you with any total amount owed to the IRS. It is always good to file whether you owe the IRS or not. This will keep you current and you will avoid any penalties that could be incurred. At this time, our main focus here at Internal Tax Resolution is strictly based on any unpaid taxes. However, our offices cannot file any unfiled tax returns for you at this time. Every year tens of thousand of taxpayers fail to file required tax returns and we just simply cannot keep up with the demand. Regardless of what you have heard, you do have the right to file your original tax return, no matter how late it's filed. Our team of tax attorneys strictly resolve tax problems, and though it is relatively common to find that the taxpayer has back tax returns which have yet to filed, it is important to file and get current before we can resolve your tax problem. 

3 Reasons Why You Need to File Any Back Tax Returns

  • Failure to file tax returns may considered a criminal act and can be punishable by one year in jail for each year not filed. 

  • Filing unfiled returns to replace (SFRs) Substitute for Returns may lower the tax liability owed and the associated interest plus penalties

  • A settlement cannot be negotiated with the IRS until the taxpayer becomes current. 

Unfiled Tax Returns Leads to Bigger Problems

The act of of not filing your tax returns typically contributes to more significant problems over time. We just want you to be aware of the tax problems that can grow. The last thing any taxpayer wants is to be audited, but what can be worse than an IRS tax audit would be going to jail for a criminal act such as not filing your tax returns. This criminal act is punishable by one year in jail for each year unfiled. Yes, you may owe the IRS money, but it would be worse to lose your freedom and reputation. The IRS may file "SFR" (Substitute for Return) tax returns for you. This is their version of an unfiled tax return. Of course the government will be filing on behalf of the best interest of the government. The only deductions you will likely see are standard deductions and one personal exemption. You will not receive credit on deductions that you may be entitled to such as for spouses, children, interest and taxes on your home, cost of any real estate sales and business expenses, etc.  So please call our tax attorneys today at any of our 43 convenient locations across the states to accommodate your tax problem quickly! 

Request a FREE Consultation!

Give Us a Call to Speak with a Live Agent or Message Us

Thanks for submitting! Confidentiality and security is our first priority!

bottom of page